Information Governance Officer
Contract: 1 Year Fixed-Term Contract
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours
Location: Whitechapel, London
Salary: £26,500 - £28,000 per annum
Application Closing Date: Sunday 15 October 2017 at 11pm
Interviews: Tuesday 17 October 2017
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition. We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
Diabetes UK are looking to appoint an Information Governance Officer.
The overall purpose of the job will be to support the current Information Governance Team in providing expertise and advice to ensure that Diabetes UK complies with the Data Protection Act (The General Data Protection Regulations) and other relevant legislation such as Privacy and Electronic Regulations. This is a customer-facing role requiring a passion for information governance and security. The main responsibilities will be to assist with providing advice to staff and volunteers on data protection related compliance issues, completing the annual NHS Digital IG Toolkit submission and conducting data handling reviews across the organisation.
We are looking for you to have:
- Experience of working in information governance and / or information security team.
- Understanding of statutory and legal frameworks such as the Data Protection Act (DPA) / NHS Digital IG Toolkit.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and a team player.
- A truly customer focused individual - internal within the organisation and externally with key third parties.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
For more information and to apply please visit via the button below.
Please ensure you address the essential criteria in your supporting statement.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.