Network Delivery Engineer
Salary: £40,000 (Negotiable DOE) + BonusExponential-e is an end-to-end IT Solution Provider, constantly striving for world class status by challenging the status quo to deliver competitive advantage. As an organisation, we continually invest in technology, people and training. We are driven by people that want to learn, build a career path and achieve.
Your New RoleAs a Service Delivery Engineer you will undertake a dynamic, Customer-facing role, in a project-driven environment, to implement various networking solutions for clients. Working in a close-knit team, you will take on the responsibility of supporting and delivering on customer migrations. No day-to-day is ever the same, as every solution is bespoke to a client’s needs. Key responsibilities
- Implement, support and configure WAN/LAN solutions and CPE devices
- Troubleshoot any technical issues that arise during solution delivery
- Put together on technical documentation, including network diagrams, handover documents and migration plans
- Maintain regular and efficient communication with the customer, through conference calls and on-site meetings
What you’ll need to succeedExponential-e’s customers are at the heart of its operations, and you will need to combine networking and security expertise with customer service skills and a keen attention to detail.You should have a certification in or at least knowledge to a CCNP/JNCIP level.Key Technical Knowledge Needed
- Expert knowledge in networking fundamentals (Switching, Routing, Subnetting etc.)Routing and redundancy protocols (BGP, OSPF, VRRP, HSRP)Understanding of VPLS/MPLS networksExposure to Alcatel-Lucent ESS/SR platforms and Fortinet Fortigate firewallsWorking experience with switching technologies (STP, VLANs, dot10, QinQ)Familiarity with Network security (NAT, UTM, Firewall operations)Access technologies (Carrier Ethernet, DSL, FTTC)
What’s In It for You?
- Development and progression opportunities into senior positions within the company
- Access to a wide range of learning materials and courses
- Quarterly Service Delivery based bonus system
- Operate on a steep learning curve
- Learn and work with some of the most talented engineers in the industry
- A versatile day-to-day, working in a project-based environment
- Work at the forefront of technology as we look to explore Software Defined Networking
- Comprehensive benefits scheme (25 days holiday, season ticket loans, local gym discount, vitality health cover)
- Feel consistently supported in your role and development for the future
About Exponential-EMission Statement"Achieve the status whereby Exponential-e 3.0 is formally acknowledged among our peers, competitors and clients as the most advanced and innovative business technology enabler in The World. A World-class company..."
Exponential-e is a British cloud and connectivity pioneer with a difference. Its cloud services do not traverse the public Internet. Instead, they reside (logically) on a customer's LAN, on the clean side of the firewall so security and privacy concerns are negated. Exponential-e wholly owns a super-fast 100 Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 VPLS Network that guarantees a superior level of resilience, reliability and performance. Exponential-e also integrates with third party providers and bespoke applications for both the Enterprise and SMEs with an end-to-end SLA.
That’s why it’s trusted by over 2,800 customers, boasts 96% customer reference-ability, features in the London Stock Exchange's Top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain, and is included in Investec’s Top 100 fastest growing UK Mid-Market companies.‘Your Cloud is only as good as your network’
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/76768952