Information Security Consultant
Information Security Consultant
£50,000 - £62,000 p/a + amazing benefits (Grade D)
Manchester city centre
The Co-op is changing. And it's changing fast. We're re-building our business to make it fit for the future, and our Information Security (InfoSec) team has a vital role to play in this transformation. With new legislations coming in all the time, it's never been more important for us to protect our business, our members and our customers. That's why we're investing in people and technology to really develop our information security capabilities. Now we need a talented InfoSec consultant to join us and help deliver the information security strategy in our complex, socially responsible business. If you can bring us the unique mixture of technical know-how and amazing people skills we need, we can offer you the chance to further develop and build a career with a business that really does put people at the heart of its strategy.
As an InfoSec consultant at the Co-op, you'll focus on the analysis of business processes and technical environments, identification and management of risk, and help to strengthen internal controls across a range of projects and existing systems. It's an exciting opportunity to be part of our growing team. The next generation of information security is coming - and we need talented people to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
What you'll do:
- provide security leadership, advice and guidance to projects across our business
- manage relationships with key stakeholders, supporting change and promoting information security as a business enabler
- identify, evaluate and resolve security risks affecting new and existing solutions, explaining the causes, likelihood and impact of information security risks to risk owners
- contribute to the development of InfoSec strategies, roadmaps, business cases and remediation plans
- review end-to-end solution architectures to ensure resilience and security requirements are met in a pragmatic and cost-effective manner
- assess applications built on modern frameworks
- provide input into secure scalable web services and APIs
- scope and manage penetration testing engagements and support our colleagues in the management of risks and the remediation process
- support the supplier selection processes following RFIs & RFPs, using formal due diligence procedures to ensure that any selected supplier has adequate security levels to be able to trade securely with the Co-op
- work with other information security consultants sharing knowledge and experiences
- To be successful, you'll need a proven track record in successfully delivering information security consultancy or security management, and the knowledge and expertise to challenge or validate technology decisions. But technical skills alone won't get you through. We'll also need you to be a great communicator. Someone who can build strong, productive relationships with both internal and external partners.
We'd love to speak to you if:
- you have experience in InfoSec consultancy, or security management, ideally within a regulated environment
- you can demonstrate strong knowledge of fundamental security principles
- you have strong experience working with enterprise IT organisations
- you've worked with cloud services or can demonstrate practical experience of managing the security of third party services
- you can bring a service management oriented background and the ability to make a big contribution to our information security strategy
- you have an in-depth understanding of the ISO27000 series, PCI DSS standards, financial regulations and ideally (but not essential) a recognised security qualification
- you've strong relationship management skills, with the ability to challenge & influence at all levels
173 years ago a group of businessmen in Rochdale came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger. And when you join the Co-op, you'll become part of an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You'll also get a competitive salary, and a benefits package that includes 27 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and an amazing pension. We want to change the world all over again. Join us, and help to rebuild an iconic British brand.
We're committed to promoting equality and preventing discrimination at work. We know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve. We're actively building diverse, inclusive teams, and we welcome applications from all people.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76772209