Teacher of Science Chemistry
Job title: Teacher of Science
Salary: MPS/UPS (Outer London Pay Scale)
Start date: January 2018
I am seeking a teacher of Science with a Chemistry specialism for a rapidly improving Academy in the borough of Croydon. . The academy is at an exciting place to work with passionate students and staff offering an industry focused curriculum.
This Academy is on a journey to excellence. Staff and students moved into a £16m new state of the art building in September 2014 to add to its first class teaching environment. We are clear that the purpose of our journey is to provide a high quality, all round outstanding education for our pupils, present and future, in a yet exciting learning environment.
As a Science teacher your main duties will include:
- Develop and implement a variety of teaching and learning styles
- Assessment, monitoring, resource development and administration
- Monitor and assess student achievement throughout their courses
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of appropriate Schemes of Work
- Work with the other members of the teaching team to build team and cross-college resource material
Applicants should be able to teach Science and Chemistry across the age and ability range to KS5.We are offering this exciting opportunity for an outstanding candidate who has the relevant experience, commitment and drive and who is passionate about encouraging every child to reach their true potential within a supportive academic environment.
To be considered for this Teacher of Science (Chemistry) role you must have:
- Degree or equivalent in Science
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Experience of teaching at GCSE and A-level (NQTs should refer to their teaching placements)
- Proven track record of results at GCSE and/or A-level
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check (DBS). For more information, please contact Esther at CER on or email your CV