Land-based Engineering Lecturer
We are excited to recruit for a professional and ambitious Land-based Engineering Lecturer for a well established College in the Penrith area. The successful lecturer will join to to be part of a team delivering effective teaching learning and assessment and support to Engineering students studying the Apprenticeship qualifications.
The Land-Based Engineering course provides students with a wide range of opportunitieswho are interested in machinery and enjoy working with technology. You will be lecturing students in the following areas/topics; off-road vehicles and land-based machinery work, as well as the testing, repair and maintenance of vehicles. You will teach students how o operate a range of off-road vehicles and machinery as well as benefiting from industry links allowing your students to gain invaluable real-life training.
Ideally the successful candidate will hold a Level 4 Higher Diploma in Land-based Engineering or related subject or a minimum Level 3 qualification or 5 years' industrial experience. Alternatively, you may be a recent Graduate in land-based Engineering or a related subject, with a passion to develop a career in teaching and will receive on the job training to achieve the teaching qualifications.
You will teach via a range of methods including practical workshops. The college has an impressive land-based machinery workshop and a welding workshop, both of which provide students with a range of facilities incorporating specialist tooling and diagnostic equipment. Learning resources include a range of tractors and farm machines, forklift trucks, harvesting machinery and application equipment as well as a wide selection of small and medium plant machinery. These facilities, combined with the close links with industry means that your students have access to the very latest equipment.
This opportunity offers excellent benefitts which include;
- Beautiful rural setting situated amongst farms, parklands, woodland and sports facilities. This provides a very pleasant, safe and friendly working environment on a beautiful campus.
- Pension Schemes - Staff are eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). Lecturing Staff are eligible to join the Teachers' Pensions. Staff will be auto-enrolled into these schemes if they meet the necessary criteria.
- Competitive holiday entitlement to its staff, with most receiving a generous allowance of up to 35 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Training and Development (such as degrees or postgraduate qualifications, as well as short courses, mentoring and coaching programmes)
- We are proud to hold Investor in People status.
- 'Everybody Benefits Scheme' which provides savings at many High Street stores and most major supermarkets
- Plant and Floristry Sales
- Child care vouchers
- Occupational health support
- Learning resource centre
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
Who are System People?
We are a local, professional Recruitment Agency based on Carlisle Airport Business Park in Cumbria. We cover North and West Cumbria and offer a range of professional temporary and permanent opportunities, which include; Education, HR, Finance, IT, Marketing and Office Support. You will find our consultants to be friendly and approachable but most of all honest. We are not like other recruitment agencies and our consultants are not typical recruitment consultants. We do not work on commission; we work as a team to create a friendly, professional environment to support our candidates in their search for work.
If you are interested in this role, or indeed any of our other opportunities, please do not hesitate to call Lyndsey Sisson to arrange a registration, we would love to represent you and help find you work.
System People are acting on behalf of their client as a recruitment agency.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76769139