Light Vehicle Teacher
Are you an experience Automotive Mechanic/Vehicle Technician looking to join one of the largest Training Providers in the UK? Are you an experience Automotive Mechanic/Vehicle Technician looking for a change?
Alderwood are currently working in partnership with a FE College in the West Midlands are who are looking to expand their team with an experience Automotive Mechanic/Vehicle Technician to become a Light Vehicle Tutor.
Role and Responsibilities
* To develop, prepare and deliver Automotive - Light Vehicle Training to professional bodies' standards in a classroom/workshop environment
* To ensure the learners are retained and reach the appropriate level to pass course work and assessments in timely manner in conjunction with their contractual targets on the Light Vehicle Course
* Working towards targets for learner retention, achievement and progression
* Build good relationships with learners offering support, advice and guidance throughout their learning journey.
* May be required to assess learners for NVQs, technical certificates and or basic/key skills either directly or indirectly.
* Recognised Assessor award (D32/D33, A1, TAQA) or willingness to work towards
* Recognised teaching qualification (PTLLS or equivalent) or willingness to work towards
* Hold a recognised qualification in Automotive / Motor Vehicle - Light Vehicle Qualification with occupational competency
* Must have occupational experience within the Automotive industry (Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair)
* Ideally have experience of delivering Automotive Vehicle qualifications in a classroom environment
* Organisational skills are a must, as well as the ability to plan your time effectively
* Full, clean driving license and use of a vehicle
Salary and Benefits
* From £23,000 - £3,000
* Teacher Training
* 25 days holiday plus public holidays
* Local Government Pension Scheme
To apply please call or email
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.