Positive Play and Midday Supervisor
Start: As soon as possible
Maternity Cover/ Fixed term contract until 30th November 2018 / Term Time Only (8 hours per week)
Salary: S1, 6-9, £18,487 - £18,848, pro rata: £3,346 - £3,411
The Olive School, Hackney is an outstanding, popular and friendly school in the heart of Hackney. The Olive School, Hackney opened in September 2013 and will grow to have 630 pupils in a 4-11 Primary School. It will be part of a successful family of schools, run by the Tauheedul Education Trust.
Our mission is to create an outstanding organisation that inspires learners with excellence in academic achievement, personal development and community service.
We are looking to appoint a Positive Play and Midday Supervisor at this early, formative and exciting time in the school’s life.
The successful applicants will:
• Be able to encourage children to play together socially and cooperatively
• Ensure the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils at lunchtimes, during the midday break period
• Follow the school’s policies and procedures in relation to pupils keeping healthy and staying safe
• Have the ability both to communicate effectively at all levels, and to understand and apply instructions from the school’s Senior Leadership Team, on the supervision and control of pupils
• Be able to liaise with other school staff and work as part of a team.
You will find a school that:
• is passionate about its mission of faith, educational excellence and community service;
• has high ambitions for all and provides excellent opportunities for professional development;
• has a supportive ethos & concern for the wellbeing of all members of our learning community;
• is well-ordered with high standards of commitment from students, staff and parents.
In order to apply, please complete the attached application form and email using the button below.
Please note, we do NOT accept CVs.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please contact the Senior Leadership Team on 02076837436 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 16th October 2017, 12pm
Interviews: Week Commencing Monday 30th October 2017
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts within our school are subject to satisfactory references, DBS and health clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.