IT Infrastructure Engineer - North London - £35-40K plus Bonus
Job Title:IT Infrastructure Engineer
Department: Information Services (IS)
Section: Infrastructure team
Reporting to: Infrastructure Manager
Main Function of Job:
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Engineer who is keen to work in a collaborative manner on high availability and high demand systems. Building robust and reliable networks and systems that can cope with the increasing demand of in-house application development, application hosting and the Companies recent growth. This a 2nd/3rdline role where the successful candidate will work within the Infrastructure Team maintaining and improving the Groups IT estate that provides services to internal users and external clients. In addition to these functions all employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
Main Duties Involve:
- Installation, configuration and management of network equipment and servers in a high-availability architecture. These include:
- Cisco ASA and WatchGuard firewalls with IPS
- Cisco Catalyst and Dell PowerEdge Switches
- F5 Load Balancers
- Failover/redundant network cabling techniques
- MS Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016
·Administration and configuration of Storage Area Networks (Dell EqualLogic / Compellent)
- Administration and configuration of Microsoft Hyper-V and Windows Clustering
- Administration and configuration of Microsoft Internet Information Services and knowledge of .NET and. PHP application deployment
- Administration and troubleshooting or Microsoft Exchange 2010 / 2016
- Administration of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 / 2012 / 2014
- Administration of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS and Group Policy
- Monitoring systems for potential capacity, performance and security issues and setting up of automated alerts
- Ensure that written documentation is created and maintained for all key tasks and procedures.
- Provide technical support to website and other end-users and to the Software Development team.
- Vulnerability Scans and Penetration testing including both liaising with specialist third party vendors and using in-house tools with remediation if required.
- Keep line manager and other relevant staff informed, verbally and via written reports, of issues and developments in IT, and advise on purchase of new software and hardware.
- Some evening and weekend work is required on a rota basis which may include emergency callouts.
- Knowledge of standards and certifications such as ISO27001 and PCI-DSS
- Knowledge of File Integrity Monitoring and Data Auditing using Varonis
- Experience as a Service Desk Analyst (HEAT)
- Implementation of Centre for Internet Security (CIS) configuration standards
- Implementation and administration or Microsoft SharePoint 2010 / 2013
- The candidate must have a least 5 years' hands-on technical experience of at least 10 of the duties listed (Main or Desirable)
- Experience in configuring and monitoring high-availability enterprise solutions, secure websites in a professional (financial or government) environment.
- Excellent technical background in networking and systems administration including design, implementation and management of secure IP connectivity using technologies as defined in the Main Duties above.
- Excellent understanding of IT hardware, security concepts, systems & controls
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
·Must be self-motivated and demonstrate high level of drive, energy and initiative
·Must have strong organization, communication, analytical, decision-making skills.
·ITIL, MCSE or CCNA would be advantageous
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76762097