Founded in 1946, Selwood is now a £50m turnover company employing 500 staff throughout its nationwide network of branches and is one of the largest privately owned companies serving the Water, Environmental and Construction industries.
Selwood has developed a specialist pump hire division and is currently the No. 1 Pump Hirer in the UK with an unrivalled depth of technical pumping expertise and the largest and most modern fleet.
The Selwood Installation teams support the Pump Rental Solutions business unit by providing the best technical and operational support during the installation of our clients hired pumps.
Due to continued growth and success, we are looking for an Installation Supervisor to join our team in Bedford.
This role will provide support to the Pump Rental Solutions business unit ensuring a uniform delivery approach to all solutions and projects across the business network, meeting existing and future objectives and goals in line with our broader company strategy.
Responsible for the execution of projects, methodology and team supervision of all employees including sub-contractors, during on-site pumping installations, ensuring a culture of safety whilst delivery and high quality service.
• Promote and exercise the company’s mission statement and core values to deliver the required uniformed approach for our business strategy across the UK network.
• To supervise all aspects of the solution project from conception to completion in conjunction with the Solutions Team.
• Liaise with Installation Manager delivering up to date information on the installation progress and any potential problems and foreseeable issues.
• Carrying out on-site RAMS process, ensuring all on-site risks have been identified and stringent control measure have been put into place, with the methodology of the installation communicated to all site staff and customers at every stage.
• Supervision of the day-to-day workload of the Installation Operatives and sub-contracts on site.
• Help recruit specialist sub-contractors, if required to complete the project in hand, monitoring sub-contractors and sub-contractor procedures to ensure guidelines are maintained.
• Train, develop and motivate direct reporting staff and ensure effective management of all Installation Operatives within the network.
• Have the confidence, knowledge and experience to lead, and develop direct reports and indirect reporting individuals across our business network.
• Assist with the loading/unloading of vehicles, checking against the relevant paperwork, recording missing items, damages and fuel charges.
• To deliver our internal and customers’ expectations regarding on-site safety.
• Ensure agreed customer KPI’s are met to the customer’s complete satisfaction.
• Advise our customer base and internal teams, to ensure a combined effort and that team work is achieved to deliver the best most efficient solutions and outcomes for the needs of our customer base.
• Establish and develop client interfaces, nurturing relationships and gaining trust and confidence in our products, the services we offer and the Selwood brand.
• Identify and recommend any innovative solutions and improvement processes to make our business offering, unique and attractive whilst making ourselves more efficient in the way we operate.
• Continually seek out different business and opportunities to grow our customer base and service we can offer.
•To assist the Sales team in identifying and developing new and existing areas within the different industries across their individual regions.
• Ensure we continually improve the QHSE standards we provide, focusing on best practice and a uniformed approach, enforcing and adhered to all our internal and external procedural and legal requirements
•The role will require regular travel which will necessitate occasional overnight stays
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in pump hire or water related industry.
• A compliant working knowledge of site Health & Safety.
• Hold a full driving licence (no more than 6 points).
NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in Site Supervision.
• SSSTS- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme.
• IOSH Managing Safety.
• Forklift licence.
• CSCS card holder.
• National Water Hygiene Card.
• Hold an understanding of the design and workings of temporary/permanent pumping solutions.
• Ability to communicate and deliver comprehensive proposals to customers, able to demonstrate a strong commercial awareness.
• Experience in working and supervising on construction sites and customer locations.
• Proven manager and leader with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate others.
• The ability to communicate at all levels and exert tact and diplomacy as required.
• Flexible in approach, able to adapt to change and challenging situations.
• Able to demonstrating organisational, analytical and numerical skills.
• Must be flexible with their working hours and be available to be ‘on call’.
• Physically able to carry out the requirements of the role.
What Selwood Can Offer You
Selwood are happy to offer a competitive salary, Company Car, 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension scheme and Company sick pay. Core hours - Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
This role is NOT open to Agencies.
Selwood support the development and training of our staff and we will provide in house courses applicable to this position
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76783971