- Maths Teacher
- 130-160 daily rate
- Full time and on-going position
- ASAP start
- Sutton - located 10 minutes from West Sutton station
- 'Outstanding' Ofsted 2015
A secondary PRU for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties are looking for a Maths teacher to start ASAP. As a Maths Teacher, you will be required to teach up to GCSE Maths and be able to plan engaging sessions that accommodate all student's needs. Maths teachers should be able to deploy support staff effectively and have experience supporting students with a range of Special Needs, particularly SEMHD.
The school is looking for a Maths teacher who can:
- Plan, deliver and assess students across the Maths curriculum
- Use a range of behaviour management techniques
- Can deliver inclusive sessions to meet the needs of SEMHD students
- Fun and engaging personality with a resilient nature
This PRU caters for up to 120 students at one time, providing education to those with challenging behaviour and mental health difficulties at KS3 and 4 level. They work with parents and carers to ensure students receive the best level of support at school and at home. They run a huge amount of outreach support to all students with 1:1 mentoring, sports intervention and music therapy as well support with further education and career guidance. Each student should be re-integrated back into the mainstream school after 1 or 2 terms and they provide detailed plans to fully support each student with their re-integration.
The position will be to start in ASAP and the school are looking to interview within the next week for the role. If this sounds like your ideal role then get in touch immediately.