We have the pleasure to be working with an expanding environmental engineering business based in West Yorkshire who are looking to recruit an Asbestos Surveyor to cover the Yorkshire and North West regions. Specialising in asbestos management and civil engineering solutions, the organisation are true experts, proven by the exciting period of growth they are currently experiencing. This is therefore a great time to join a truly brilliant organisation.
- To carry out all inspections activities in accordance with BS EN ISO/IEC 17020:2012 and in-house procedures.
- To carry out all sampling strategies of asbestos containing materials in an appropriate and safe manner.
- To train junior site personnel to carry out their duties safely in accordance with current regulations and guidance.
- Liaise with the technical department.
- Conduct toolbox talks to outline site risks and employee responsibilities.
- Complete all paperwork in accordance with guidance notes and in-house procedures.
- Complete risk assessments.
- Daily check and appropriate use of PPE, RPE and equipment and inform plant manager of any defects.
- E-mail survey reports.
- Log all accidents and near misses and give paperwork to the technical department.
- Authorised persons to complete witness audits and re-inspections.
- Return survey data to office in accordance with in-house procedure and guidance notes.
- Download photographs.
- Available via mobile phone at all practical times.
- Ensure that their company vehicle is kept clean and tidy and well maintained.
- Be familiar with all site procedures.
- Read all relevant HSE guidance documents/legislation and keep abreast of any issues that may affect the asbestos surveying department to ensure CPD.
- To maintain their company vehicle in compliance with our in-house drivers handbook.
- Individuals to hold British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) 10 P402 or Royal Society for the Promotion of Health (RSPH) 11 Level 3 Certificate in Asbestos Inspection Procedures; or CoCA (Certificate of Competency in Asbestos) or Cert Occ. Hyg. Or DipOcc. Hyg. (Which must include an asbestos module).
- Relevant experience as in UKAS RG8 or qualifications required by the accredited personnel certification scheme.
- At least 3 years of experience within the asbestos industry.
- At least 5 satisfactory surveys for asbestos within each category of building type (e.g. domestic, non-domestic and industrial).
- Minimum GCSE Level. 4, GCSE`s grade C or higher.
- Good knowledge of range, use, location, homogeneity of asbestos products.
- Satisfactorily sampling various asbestos-containing materials, whilst working at MCP under authorised supervision on at least 2 separate occasions.
- Good knowledge of current regulations and guidance and H&S requirements.
- IT literacy.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Driving License is essential to the role.
This role is offering a competitive salary of £22,000 - £28,600 depending on experience.
This position is a permanent role which requires travel across the Yorkshire and North West regions.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Tony Hutchinson to find out more details about this role.