Head of Brand and Marketing
Samaritans is looking for a dynamic brand development expert with an extensive background in marketing communications to drive action and achieve real impact in society.
Every 90 minutes someone in the UK or Ireland dies by suicide. Suicide is not inevitable, it’s preventable. Samaritans believes that by working in partnership with others fewer people will die by suicide.
We are now recruiting for a Head of Brand and Marketing who can develop and deliver Samaritans’ brand and marketing communications strategy and associated campaigns to ensure integrated, targeted communications are at the heart of the charity.
This is an outstanding role for a well-loved charity and offers a wonderful opportunity to further develop the brand. Reporting into the Assistant Director of Engagement you will:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the brand development project including creative agency and audience insight work.
- Play a key role in shaping brand development outputs and implementation across the charity through all communications channels.
- Plan and deliver integrated marketing campaigns across the year in partnership with the supporter engagement group.
- Develop an insight based understanding of priority audiences for key integrated marketing campaigns including service, awareness, volunteer and fundraising campaigns.
- Oversee the corporate marketing communications service, including design, print and production, copy writing/editing expertise and the development of marketing communications and brand materials.
- Line manage Marketing Manager and Design and Brand Manager plus fixed term contract post(s) including Campaign Manager for Network Rail.
To be successful in the role you will have proven Head-of level experience within brand/marketing communications including a track record of planning, delivering and evaluating marketing campaigns that have resulted in strong and sustainable ROI. You'll combine a creative and insight-driven approach with strong leadership and organisational skills. You need to be the kind of leader who can influence effectively at all levels of a charity, and is happy to challenge the status quo when needed.
To apply please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining your interest and suitability no later than 9AM on Monday 23rd October 2017.
Please note first interviews are being scheduled to be held on the Tuesday 31st October and second interviews on Thursday the 7th November.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE