EBD Lead Teacher - Jan 2018
Are you an experienced EBD Teacher specialising in English or Maths, wanting to make your mark in a new EBD school, opening in Jan 2018?
Randstad Education are delighted to be supporting a London Based EBD Residential School, who are opening a new centre in the Surrey area, in their hunt for an experienced EBD Teacher to lead this small school from Jan 2018 on a full time basis.
The school pride themselves on their therapeutic approach to residential, care & education and look to:
- Provide their students with a, safe, stable, caring and social environment.
- Work with each of their students to implement the objectives of their individual Placement Plan and the Placing Authority Care Plan.
- Safeguard and promote their students physical, mental, emotional welfare and development by adhering to good operational principles and standards of practice and care.
- Provide a flexible service, balancing their individual needs and communal responsibilities.
- Ensure that the each of their students have access to education appropriate to their age and ability and within a reasonable distance to the home or within the home if one is not available or it is deemed more suitable.
- Ensure that their students receive bespoke individual, and group therapy on a continual basis, based on their specific needs.
- Ensure that a positive and proactive approach is taken in regard to their health needs.
This is s full time role from January 2018, with the opportunity to move across to a permanent contract after a term.
The successful candidate will play a lead role within the schools curriculum, building the curriculum around the ability levels of the students, student & staff assessment, communicating with Ofsted & other parties, with the support of a strong leadership team.
The school will open with 6 students initially with 3 classrooms. Some students do have 1:1 support, however there will also be additional support in the classroom.
The ideal candidate will have:
- UK QTS (or equivalent)
- Previous experience as a Special Needs Teacher in an EBD or PRU Environment is essential for this role
- Confident in student & staff assessment
- Confident in creating engaging lesson content
- Previous experience as a Lead Teacher would be advantageous
What can you expect from Randstad Education?
- Competitive pay rates to match your scale & current market rate
- A dedicated consultant to offer you full ongoing support in your new role
- Regular job reviews to ensure you are completely happy with your new role, team & environment
- Continual Professional Development can be offered on a variety of school related topics
- On-going career support & advice
- Consultative knowledge on the ever changing education sector
If you wish to be considered for this amazing opportunity, please apply with your updated CV immediately to .