To produce the internal Group management reporting information and the financial element of the quarterly, half-year and year end external announcements.
A multi-national FTSE250 retail business.
The Group Accountant will primarily be responsible for the following but not exclusively:
- Produce quarterly sales and profit figures for inclusion in Stock Exchange announcements.
- Produce the half year interim announcement, year end preliminary announcement and year end financial statements under IFRS.
- Consolidate budget and forecast submissions.
- Prepare monthly management account packs and Board reports for senior group management.
- Assist with production of statutory accounts for head office structure companies.
- Completion of statutory statistical returns on a rota basis.
- Preparation of analysis and presentation material as requested, with focus on the balance sheet.
- Work with systems accountants to maintain and develop the consolidation system and reports.
- Ensure awareness of technical and business issues facing the business.
- Review, support and challenge reporting submissions.
- Develop excellent working relationships with head office departments.
- Keep management informed of accounting technical developments and their impact on Group reporting.
- Work on projects to implement new accounting and reporting developments and improvements.
- Provide cover for other members of the reporting team.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Excel and Word skills required, prior Hyperion experience an advantage but not a requirement.
- Key competencies: Strong IFRS technical accounting, attention to detail, judgement, relationship building, collaboration, drive and implementation.
- A good team player who can operate in a professional but friendly environment.
- Plc exposure, consolidation experience and French language skills are advantages but not requirements.
- Qualified accountant - ACA/CIMA/ACCA
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to work for a FTSE250 company
- exposure to a wide variety of internal functions as to enhance your experience.
- Central London location
- An internationally focused and growing business
- Career progression
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension contribution
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76771363