We are excited to recruit for a professional and ambitious Agricultural Lecturer for a well established College in the Penrith area. The successful lecturer will join to to be part of a team delivering effective teaching learning and assessment and support to Agricultural Engineering students studying the Apprenticeship qualifications.
Ideally the successful candidate will hold a Level 4 Higher Diploma in Agricultural Engineering or related subject or a minimum Level 3 qualification or 5 years' industrial experience. Alternatively, you may be a recent Graduate in Agricultural Engineering or a related subject, with a passion to develop a career in teaching and will receive on the job training to achieve the teaching qualifications.
Our client farms over 650 hectares of land over four farms based in two diverse locations including Cumbria. The farms are an integral part of the college and are well equipped with a wide selection of machinery and facilities for both commercial and educational purposes. Students studying in Cumbria have access to five farms enabling them to gain valuable work experience in different upland and lowland farming terrain and alternative farming systems in both high and low rainfall areas. The College has invested in a brand new £2.2 million Dairy Unit at the Cumbria site which officially opened in March 2014, this Unit gives students access to state-of-the-art facilities in addition to a robotic milking parlour facility at another site in a nearby County.
The client has strong links with a range of organisations and businesses, both in agriculture and with companies who supply products and services to the agricultural industry.
This opportunity offers excellent benefitts which include;
- Beautiful rural setting situated amongst farms, parklands, woodland and sports facilities. This provides a very pleasant, safe and friendly working environment on a beautiful campus.
- Pension Schemes - Staff are eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). Lecturing Staff are eligible to join the Teachers' Pensions. Staff will be auto-enrolled into these schemes if they meet the necessary criteria.
- Competitive holiday entitlement to its staff, with most receiving a generous allowance of up to 35 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Training and Development (such as degrees or postgraduate qualifications, as well as short courses, mentoring and coaching programmes)
- We are proud to hold Investor in People status.
- 'Everybody Benefits Scheme' which provides savings at many High Street stores and most major supermarkets
- Plant and Floristry Sales
- Child care vouchers
- Occupational health support
- Learning resource centre
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
Who are System People?
We are a local, professional Recruitment Agency based on Carlisle Airport Business Park in Cumbria. We cover North and West Cumbria and offer a range of professional temporary and permanent opportunities, which include; Education, HR, Finance, IT, Marketing and Office Support. You will find our consultants to be friendly and approachable but most of all honest. We are not like other recruitment agencies and our consultants are not typical recruitment consultants. We do not work on commission; we work as a team to create a friendly, professional environment to support our candidates in their search for work.
If you are interested in this role, or indeed any of our other opportunities, please do not hesitate to call Lyndsey Sisson to arrange a registration, we would love to represent you and help find you work.
System People are acting on behalf of their client as a recruitment agency.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76768879