Database Executive - Cirencester
Salary £18,000 - £24,000
Fascinated by IT and looking to forge a career in big data in one of the area’s largest data agencies? We are on the lookout for a smart self-starter who, with some guidance, will make this job their own.
If you believe you have the right skills and can convince us you’re the right fit for this role, please get in touch!
The role will include day to day production for our clients and will support the Database Manager in the maintenance and updating our clients marketing databases.
- Load, format, process and transform data files
- Translate defined processing rules into efficient program code using MySQL
- Use of SQL database and Apteco FastStats to produce counts, extracts and reports from data files and managed databases
- Set up of HTMLs and broadcasting of emails
- Electronic and verbal communication of technical issues / solutions with internal team members
- Quality checking of work produced by other Database Executives and Managers
- Decision making in this role is limited, however you will be expected to highlight any relevant issues where you feel a decision is necessary to a senior member of the team
- Problem solve and identify issues, bugs and problems in data and programs
- Direct Marketing or use of databases is advantageous
- Previous use of the following software packages would also be advantageous.
- MySQL / MS SQL server
- Apteco Software Suite – Faststats, Cascade & PeopleStage
- Name and Address Processing software e.g. Capscan or QAS
- Qlikview / QlikSense
- Email Broadcasting tools e.g. Pure360, Adestra, Silverpop etc...
- 25 days holiday
- Travel Insurance
- Life Assurance
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76777349