Banking & Finance Solicitor (Manager Level)
Your new company
One of the largest, fully-integrated law firms in the world are now recruiting for a Senior Solicitor from a Corporate / Commercial / Banking background to join their dynamic Belfast office as a Legal Manager.
With more than 20 offices across the globe in fast-growing markets like China, Indonesia and Russia and established centres like the UK, Europe, the US and Australia, you will be offered the international opportunities that only a leading global practice can provide.
Your new role
Your new role will see you;
- Escalating project-specific issues appropriately to the relevant Senior Manager/Head of Corporate
- Supervising Senior Solicitors, Senior FPBs, Solicitors, FPBs Solicitors, Trainees and Legal Analysts conducting fee earning projects and carrying out 'first-level review' on projects where necessary.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of relevant areas of law to the local office's practice generally, and as an 'expert' in relation to specialist areas of practice.
- Responsible for supporting, as required by the Senior Manager/ Head of Corporate, on drafting, updating and revising all of our internal processes relating to our corporate practice including making recommendations for improvements in the quality of service delivery.
- Assisting with written material or cost models for pitches and marketing initiatives if required.
- Project managing the local office's team on individual matters, including
- Dealing with complex issues on individual matters that are escalated by the Senior Solicitors, Senior FPBs, Solicitors, FPBs, Trainees and Legal Analysts.
- Primary responsibility for communication with the internal client (partner/managing associate) on individual matters.
- Ensuring that relevant legal issues are fully understood by the local office team working on an individual matter on an on-going basis and raising any training issues with the Head of Corporate.
- Managing resources (Senior Solicitors, Senior FPBs, Solicitors, FPBs, Trainees and Legal Analysts) on individual matters effectively and in line with agreed timetables on projects.
- Conducting quality control (e.g. to check all fee earning work is being conducted accurately), as directed by the Head of Corporate.
- Liaising with teams elsewhere in the firm (e.g. London) as required on fee-earning or other projects
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be a Qualified solicitor or barrister in England and Wales or Northern Ireland, but Republic of Ireland or other common law jurisdictions will be considered. (If not qualified in England and Wales then willing to complete process to requalify as such, if required).
- 5+ year's PQE in Corporate practice area although exceptional candidates with less than 5 years' relevant experience will be considered High level of attention to detail, but can also step back from the detail and see problems, opportunities and trends.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to summarise complex issues succinctly verbally and in writing. Strong analytical ability, coupled with sound judgement to balance multiple factors and solve complex problems.
- Strong IT literacy, including an aptitude for learning (and becoming proficient in) the use of software and IT applications, for example using software tools intelligently to navigate large databases/document management systems
What you'll get in return
A market leading salary is on offer for you here including;
- Pension Life assurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Travel insurance
- Health screening
- Dental insurance
- Cycle to work
- Childcare vouchers
- Retail vouchers
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Please contact Patrick McDonald today If you would like more detail on this job or to have a confidential discussion on your legal career.
If you're looking for a new legal opportunity in a specific location Hays have a strategic office network spanning Ireland and the UK and a team of over 30 specialist legal recruitment consultants that can assist you with your job search.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76764420