Senior IT Project Manager
Senior IT Project Manager
Up to £60,000 p/a + amazing benefits (Grade D)
Manchester city centre
We're preparing to achieve the biggest goals we've ever set ourselves, and that means making bigger plans than ever before. Our growing IT infrastructure delivery team delivers infrastructure to meet the requirements of all our businesses on a range of key programmes. Now we're looking to recruit talented senior IT project managers to join us, and deliver multiple projects that'll help us change our unique and complex business for the better. If you've got the positive mind-set we need, and you love change as much as we do, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to build your profile and progress with a business that put people (and technology) at the heart of its strategy.
As a senior IT project manager at the Co-op, you'll be responsible for delivering large and complex change right across our business. You'll be building relationships with a lots of people at different levels across the organisation, challenging and influencing to make sure projects and activity is delivered on time and within budget.
What you'll do:
- deliver high profile, large and complex projects initiated by our IT investment portfolio or business teams
- initiate and deliver from concept to close, capital and revenue IT projects
- create complex business cases, holding project teams to account for delivery
- manage a large stakeholder group to executive level across multiple high profile projects
- proactively manage project risks and issues with project sponsor and stakeholders ensuring projects are delivered to time, cost and quality
- make sure appropriate controls and governance processes are adhered to whilst understanding the requirement to offer a degree of flexibility to deliver any emerging priorities
To be successful as a senior IT project manager at the Co-op, you'll need plenty of relevant experience, and real credibility working with people at all levels. We're looking for candidates who can demonstrate a track record of successfully delivering large complex IT projects at enterprise level.
We'd love to speak to you if:
- you have experience of leading matrix teams to deliver large scale projects with budgets exceeding £1m and of durations typically from 3 to 18 months
- you're comfortable working within a fast paced change environment
- you're confident building strong and meaningful relationships with people up to a senior level
- you're Prince 2 or PMP certified
- you have a good understanding of the infrastructure in which they are delivering- Network, Cloud, Wintel
- you have experience within an infrastructure environment in a large complex organisation
- you've experience within Retail or Financial Services (desirable not essential)
- you've experience of the delivery of cloud based infrastructure, this is also desirable
173 years ago the Rochdale pioneers came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger, and it's thanks to them that as a Co-op colleague you'll receive a competitive salary and benefits including 27 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and an amazing pension.
We're actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences. And we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances. You can find out more about all our Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/people policies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76771763