Finance Business Partner
Based in Tring, Hertfordshire, our client is an exciting and expanding company looking for a Finance Business Partner to join their team.
This job would suit a qualified accountant to support the Senior Finance Manager with some crucial relationships and partnering with Senior Managers driving important change into specific operational areas of the business. This will also include understanding the costs across this business area and some other general reporting requirements.
The company is currently going through a period of growth following a recent acquisition and some significant new business wins. It is for this reason that an expert Management Accountant is needed to provide the support to the business
The successful individual will be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACMA or ACCA) with a strong academic record and the proven ability to provide commercial and financial support to the business and build long lasting relationships. The ability to implement and support continuous improvement within finance by defining and validating processes and looking at improvement opportunities is essential. The candidate should have the ability to adhere to processes and make decisions based on sound judgement. It is vital that the candidate has the ability to plan and prioritise tasks as well as meet tight deadlines.
Duties will include:
- Acting as Business Partner providing financial support to the Engineering function for effective project delivery
- Produce detailed analysis of engineering spend to budget / forecast
- Review and challenge financial performance with management team
- Identify opportunities to improve performance and forecasting
- Manage budgets on large scale projects with accurate and timely reporting
- Responsible for reporting engineering spend by project
- Train Managers to increase their financial awareness
- Maintain a robust and flexible accounting system which enables full programme financial review and analysis
- Responsible for managing Tax credits and subsidies
- Provide forecast update as and when required with explanation for variances, aligning forecast
- Ensure that revenue recognition requirements are met
- Assist in carrying out impairment reviews and the calculation of participation payment amortisation
- Delivery of policy deployment and cost containment metrics including understanding results and identifying opportunities for improvement including use of continuous improvement techniques
- Support Financial Accounting team with the month end postings
For more information about this role or any other Finance Business Partner jobs in Tring, Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76755648