Based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, our client is an exciting and expanding company looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join their team.
This job would suit a CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qualified Accountant with a strong academic record who can provide the commercial and financial support to the General Manager for the Division, managing all accounting & financial activities including month-end closing, reporting, forecasting and procedures/ controls as well as leading and managing an effective finance team of 2 analysts along with providing financial leadership in decision making as part of the Divisional management team.
The company is an international market leader with entities across Europe and a reputation for high quality customer service and delivery, coupled with a forecasted business plan of strong growth both in the UK and internationally.
The successful individual will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACMA or ACCA) with a proven history working within a dynamic and progressive business. Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels are essential as well as providing support, coaching, motivating and developing a team. Developed IT skills are also required with advanced Excel and a strong understanding of an ERP system.
Duties will include:
- Provide financial leadership in decision making as part of the Divisional management team
- Leading the finance team through the monthly closing process, producing management accounts, submission of Accounts and Budgets to group
- Responsible for the closing of the financial ledgers on a monthly/quarterly/year-end basis
- Responsible for ensuring closings are timely, accurate, and journals completed
- Coordinating & providing accurate budget submissions within specified timeframes and management of the same at Divisional level in both local and US currencies.
- Maintain relationship and provide support to the European Shared Services Centre in overseeing collections for the Division
- Ensure an effective internal financial controls environment is established and in compliance with US GAAP, SOX and all required legal or statutory requirements
- Provide support to Internal and External Auditors as required
- Coordination, Calculation and reporting of Corporation Tax and Deferred Tax
- Responsible for ensuring the correct recording and reporting of VAT
- Lead and manage an effective finance team of 2 analysts in a culture of continuous improvement
For more information about this role or any other Finance Manager jobs in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76754786