Server & Storage Engineer
HPE 3PAR Storage VERITAS NetBackup
Job Title: Server & Storage Engineer
Job Location: Bedfordshire
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 3 Months rolling
Job Rate: £335 per day
Server & Storage Engineer required to join a growing organisations in house IT department. You will be required to act as a key technical resource within Server & Storage Operations and play an important role in implementing optimised processes and technical practices that result in infrastructure, systems and services, that are reliable, secure, efficient, well controlled and documented, adhering to ITIL best practices.
You will be required primarily to analyse and check the health of the HPE 3PAR environment, proposing and documenting new recommended remediation tasks and to assist the Storage & Backup team with both project and BAU work for the full duration of this contract.
Therefore, it is absolutely essential to the success of your application that you have significant exposure and expertise with the following;
- HPE 3PAR Storage
- VERITAS NetBackup
- Storage technologies: NAS, SAN, ISCSI, Fibre Channel Switches etc
- Disaster Recover, Replication and Recovery services
You must have, or have equivalent experience with, industry recognised qualifications including but not limited to Microsoft Certified (MCSA, MCSE) and VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)
In addition to the essential requirements of the role you will be required to display a solid track record of working with the following technologies on a consistent basis over at least the last 4-5 years;
- Backup Technologies: CommVault, Symantec Backup Exec and HP DataProtector
- Storage Technologies: IBM V7000, Dell EqualLogic, StorSimple and/or NetApp
- Microsoft Server technologies; MS Server, MS Exchange/365, MS Lync, MS SharePoint, MS SQL, MS Clustering, Active Directory Services, Group Policy, Certificate Services, Windows Terminal Services, ADFS, DirectAccess
- Virtualisation technologies; VMware ESX Server, Hyper-V
- VDI; VMware View/Horizon, Citrix
- Scripting knowledge; PowerShell, VBscript
- Networking including TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, Load-Balancers
- System Management technologies; Solar Winds, SCOM, SCCM
- Anti-virus technologies; Symantec End Point Protection
Naturally, the focus is aimed primarily at those who have the technical expertise in the Server and Storage space with exposure to the other elements listed. This role requires a candidate who is self starter that has experience working in large scale Infrastructure environments who can come into this business, assess the requirement and deliver results.
If you feel that you have the right skill set for this job then I would like to see your CV ASAP.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76749866