Technical Support Engineer (Cloud)- 1st Line
Technical Support Engineer
Windows, Linux, VDC, AWS or Azure
Interoute are the owner-operator of one of Europe’s largest networks and provide a global cloud services platform. We are expanding our highly successful CloudStore On-Boarding team, working at Interoute’s Centre of Excellence for Application Management, with a particular focus on improving and extending the services we offer to customers during their delivery phase, aiming to give our customers a first class introduction to our platform.
• You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
• You are able to work to tight timescales, either alone or as a member of a larger team.
• You are a responsible individual with a desire to take ownership of a problem and see it through to resolution.
• Demonstrable experience providing support for business critical production environments.
• Demonstrable experience deploying and managing Microsoft Windows and/or Linux servers in a virtualised environment (VMware)
• An understanding of network fundamentals.
• A solid foundation in x86 and virtualisation technology.
• Knowledge of cloud services including cloud storage would be advantageous.
• Experience writing database queries would be advantageous.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/76746286