Handforth Dean, SK9 3ND
£55,000 - £70,000 basic
Equilibrium Asset Management is the award winning Chartered wealth management company, recently named the 5th best small company to work for in the Times 100 Best companies list. Equilibrium offers a genuinely personalised financial and investment management service.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Financial Controller to add to the management team. The ideal candidate will be CIMA/ACCA Qualified Management Accountant.
In the Financial Controller role, you will be responsible for Equilibriums financial reporting, as well as company transactions from accounts payable to payroll and control accounts to general operational finance.
The role requires someone who is highly organised, dynamic, a lateral thinker and a problem solver, ideally with a background in wealth management.
As our Financial Controller you will:
- Bind finance to the entire senior management team, doing so by being a great communicator and understanding the entire business, not just the ins and outs of your own department.
- Ensure that the implications of your reports are clear to all and that each department within Equilibrium understands how its contribution impacts the overall company strategy and goals.
- Ensure that the numbers you report relate directly to improving performance and delivering objectives.
- Have strong leadership skills, interpersonal flair and charisma.
- Carry out this financial and highly technical role within the entire business environment. The ‘soft skills’ are as important as the figures.
To be considered for our Financial Controller position you will have the following knowledge skills and attributes:
- Familiar with Sage and ideally a working knowledge of Great Plains.
- Ability to create cash flow reports, complete VAT Returns and Weekly MI reports.
- Creation and management of budgets.
- Liaising with suppliers and vendors and negotiating contracts as and when appropriate.
- Confident in learning systems that may be unfamiliar such as Curo, Volume and other CRM tools.
- Sound bookkeeping knowledge.
- Ability to liaise with auditors for end of year accounts.
- Confidence in submitting FCA returns.
- Comprehensive analysis of projects on request.
- Experience of working as a Management accountant ideally for an entrepreneurial SME organisation.
- Confidence in working in a small team where there is potential for growth and where individual contribution is encouraged and expected.
- Comfortable with IT systems such as Microsoft Office.
- You will report to the Managing Partner and whilst the accounts team is a small team it plays a pivotal role in the running of our successful wealth management business.
Financial Controller Benefits
- We offer a fantastic place to work with the freedom to truly make this role your own.
- A highly competitive salary
- A fantastic benefits package such as bonus (13% last year),
- Contributory pension,
- Life assurance (4 x salary) and income protection.
- We provide a complimentary breakfast to all staff every day
- Avery generous holiday entitlement of 33 days plus bank holidays.
- Our employees attend an Annual Staff Briefing Conference in Manchester each year, which contributes to our friendly and dynamic office environment.
If you believe you can be an asset to our award winning business and want to work in a positive and inclusive environment then please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76764076