Application Support Engineer
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
As part of the ICT Application Support Team, the Application Support Engineer delivers third-line technical support for applications and software to end users to ensure that robust, resilient and secure applications are maintained, improved and managed to comply with legislative requirements and business needs.
- Own, manage and resolve support calls to fix incidents and deliver service requests.
- Scope, plan and deliver small projects relating to applications to meet customer expectations and maintain the application portfolio.
- Create and improve application documentation to increase understanding of the applications and to share knowledge within the team.
- Contribute to work managed by other IT teams to ensure that future support needs are identified, captured and transferred into the Application Support Team.
- Manage relationships with customers and suppliers to improve communication and understanding of business needs/technical requirements.
- Comply with department processes to ensure that work is delivered consistently and accurately.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Experience in supporting IT applications (including pro-active monitoring and improvements to reduce the amount of support needed) or relevant qualifications.
- Experience with producing documentation for IT support purposes and end-users.
- Ability to follow processes and comply with the operating instructions of the organisation.
- Can communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Is accurate and delivers work correctly the first time.
- Able to prioritise own workload to meet deadlines.
- Able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Able to identify when escalation is appropriate and to do this.
- Able to develop effective working relationships with end users, suppliers and colleagues.
- Able to share knowledge with colleagues both verbally and in writing, to improve skill levels of others and self.
- Able to show initiative in identifying the cause of and resolving problems.
- Takes ownership of problems and manages them to resolution.
- Able to independently manage workload.
Departmental Benefits of this role
- MKC ICT & Print pride themselves on being a happy, supportive and productive working environment
Milton Keynes Council BenefitsUse your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
To apply, please fill in our digital application form on the Milton Keynes Council Careers website via the Apply button below.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 18 October 2017
We at Milton Keynes Council take great pride in our city and we hope that it’s you that can help us grow and share our vision.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76768013