Technical Business Analyst - Asset Management
An excellent opportunity for a Technical Business Analyst to join a prestigious Asset Manager in London
Your new company
This City based Institutional Asset Manager is one of the most desired and reputable brands in the buy-side industry. With approx. £80 billion AUM they are also one of the largest operating in London. They have a strong culture that supports innovation within IT- feeding the project pipeline with a large budget.
Your new role
The successful candidate will join a team of project managers and business analysts whereby you will be responsible for delivering projects for the investment teams globally.
Focusing on business analysis, the role has the following responsibilities:
- Identify, gather, analyse and document business requirements and translate these into specifications.
- Effectively communicate business specifications to internal IT developers and external IT consultants.
- Understand, enhance and deliver improved business processes.
- Co-ordinate and respond to testing requirements.
- Take ownership of projects and manage resources and delivery.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful for this position you will need to be a business analyst working within the Investment Management world. Technical/System skills required are as follows:
- An understanding of data and systems architecture as it relates to front office and operations.
- Life-cycle knowledge of investment process through to implementation, compliance, dealing and operations processes including settlement and reconciliation.
- An excellent knowledge of all asset-classes and the use of derivatives.
- A good understanding of the project life cycle, specifically in relation to gathering business requirements and producing high quality specifications.
- Experience of working on an Order Management System upgrade would be preferable.
- Strong in SQL
- Thinkfolio (or other Order Management System).
- Experience with some of the following applications would be an advantage: Statpro, FactSet, Bloomberg, Qlikview.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - both verbal and written.
What you'll get in return
This excellent opportunity is offering a base salary of £80-90k plus additional bonus and benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76741204