Digital Campaigns Manager
As the Digital Campaigns Manager, you will manage your own team, which will have autonomy, whilst at the same time, work alongside a central digital team, which support you to ensure my clients brand and digital channels are embedded in best practise and are consistent across all our markets. You will be ready to help the business drive organisational performance change through digital innovation.
(Analytical skills are a must as well as a passion for marketing in a digital context).
My client is a successful B2B organisation based in Richmond upon Thames, Surrey.
The Digital Campaigns Manager will have be required to
- Using insights and customer data create and implement an innovative strategy across all digital channels, concentrating on 'content first'
- Improve KPI's across all channels, web traffic, conversions, click through rates, fan base growth and engagement, cost per acquisition and other agreed KPI's
- Improve website conversion and sales leads through website SEO, content, navigation and user experience
- Grow visitor attendance through evaluating and improving the performance of the portfolio's integrated email campaigns - this is working with other managers
- Launch new products and services as and when required
- Monitor online performance and conduct regular AB testing to ensure marketing effectiveness at all times
- Using Insights and analytics provide monthly strategic insight, analysis and reports identifying opportunities and risks and providing direction for the marketing teams.
The ideal Digital Campaigns Manager will have the following
- Digital Experience with an emphasis on creating digital channel strategies, content creation and delivery
- Strong knowledge in how to grow brand awareness through different digital channels
- Excellent fully integrated digital campaign management
- Strong line management experience
- Working knowledge of graphic design, UX and website development
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and test digital data to continually improve online performance
A salary of £45,000 - £50,000 DOE plus bonus and excellent benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76748539