08:00 - 16:00, Monday - Friday.
Your new School
This 11-18 comprehensive school, located in the city of Cardiff caters for around 1,400 pupils. Pupils generally feel very safe in school and many take part in the wide range of extra-curricular activities provided by the school and local community. Many of the pupils are courteous and relate well to one another, to their teachers and to other adults (Estyn inspection, 2016). Leaders focus well on staff evaluation and there are many opportunities for career progression and self-improvement.
Your new role
As the school ICT Technician, you will be required to provide an excellent technical service by conducting the following:
1. To ensure dedicated ICT areas are ready for use each day and that they are in good working order at the end of each day.
2. Check hardware regularly reporting faults to ICT Manager.
3. To participate in the collection, collation, processing and storage of data an information to comply with school reporting requirements.
4. To maintain a comprehensive database of all support requests and allocate jobs to appropriate staff.
5. To check hardware regularly, repairing simple faults or reporting more complicated faults to ICT Manager.
6. Support teaching staff/pupils in technical aspects of ICT.
7. Maintain and develop network.
8. Support adherence to ICT policies, including those relating to safeguarding and internet usage.
9. Resolve hardware/software technical issues
10. Carry out desk-top publishing procedures
11. Check and maintain stocks of ICT consumables
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an experienced technician with an excellent knowledge of ICT. You will have excellent communication skills to effectively liaise with all staff members & pupils. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check & EWC registration.
What you'll get in return
You will be provided with a competitive rate of pay and the potential for a permanent role after an initial temporary period. The school is located in central Cardiff and is easily accessible from the M4 motorway.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76757209