IT at the Coventry Building Society is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivating Environments Engineer who has sound knowledge of the software delivery lifecycle, CI/CD, modern testing methodologies and agile development practices.
With a keen DevOps mindset, they will help delivery teams automate their environment requirements to facilitate each phase of the testing lifecycle.
With good exposure to automation and integration you will help the company move forward in its plans to utilise cloud technologies to increase the efficiency of the SDLC and provide a truly modern approach to software development.
As a good problem solver you will use your investigative mindset to look after legacy applications to aid projects/stakeholders have a stable environment to use and test in. Also show aptitude to go the extra mile in supporting project work and fulfil maintenance tasks.
As a passionate advocate of modern, efficient product delivery you will share your knowledge and enthusiasm through cross-coaching and creating informative documentation to help colleagues to meet the strategic goals within the Environments function.
- Experience in configuring Windows Server based environments for in-flight project testing
- Exposure to an eclectic mix of Microsoft and Linux based technology stacks
- Experience in Application Support or shows highly tuned investigative & diagnostic skills
- Ability to take ownership of a problem and coordinate across technical teams to resolution
- Experience in IT Service Management methodologies (ITIL or similar)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, enhance, test, and deploy complicated integration software.
- Experience of automated configuration by code tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Experience of using/configuring automated infrastructure by code tools such as AWS or Azure (desirable).
- Experience of working in the financial sector.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76740134