Platform/Infrastructure Engineer - Linux/Windows
Platform Engineer - Permanent - Gloucestershire - Excellent Salary!
As a Platform Engineer our client is expecting you to play a key role in their team and be able to demonstrate:
- Coaching skills that support the development and mentoring of our expanding team
- Ability to technically lead projects and tasks that are ultimately game-changing for our customers
- Ability to develop relationships with internal and external customer/suppliers/partners
- Ability to leverage hands-on technical experience and academic studies to meet our rigorous and challenging delivery objectives and standards in a complex environment.
- Practical knowledge and ability to apply industry best practice in all aspects of software engineering and systems engineering with detailed working knowledge of development methodologies (including AGILE and Lean) and associated toolsets.
Our client also expects you to be an up-to-date hands-on practitioner in several of the following areas:
- Linux scripting with Bash and/or KSH.
- Comprehensive knowledge in Operating System security and associated network/platform design, hardening and deployment.
- Kickstart of Linux based components and in-life management using puppet/ansible.
- Patching methodologies and testing.
- Development and deployment of monitoring systems for both in-development and live components (Nagios/SolarWinds/Check_MK) including configuration of agents and SNMP.
- Advanced deployment and configurations of VMware products including ESX, vCenter with VDS and NSX.
- Understanding of storage platforms and protocols, including SAMBA, NFS, FCoE and high availability enterprise grade storage platforms including Netapp & EMC.
- Design and debug of underlying networks and protocols including TCP/IP, firewall theory and packet analysis.
- Design and development of deployment guides.
- Issue management using tools such as redmine or JIRA.
- Understanding of backup and restoration issues for 24x7 support, including development of documentation for 1st and 2nd line support teams.
- Cyber-security and certification such as such as CISSP, SANS GIAC, Security+, Network+, Linux+, MCSE, CCNA or SSCP
- Full engineering life-cycle and Systems Engineering (IVV&T) practices from requirements/user story capture and decomposition through to integration, acceptance and customer sign off and associated toolsets
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you! (c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76779806