Credit Controller Teesside Based Salary - £18,000 - £19,000
Your new company
A leading provider of business solutions with a network of over 20 sites and with the capacity to secure business solutions to safeguard companies throughout the UK.
Your new role
An exciting opportunity to work in a vibrant and busy Credit Control department. The role will incorporate key skills:
- Liaison with customers regarding overdue debts and collection of those in line with company credit policy by telephone, letter and personal visit if required.
- Identify and eliminate opportunities for customers to delay payments and notify senior managers of non-compliance such as returned cheques/payments and notification of any formal arrangements. This to include administration of a Direct Debit process when introduced.
- Identify, register and progress chasing and resolution of invoice queries with both internal (sales/operations/credit risk/billing team) and external customers.
- Production of weekly/monthly reports in accordance with set requirements.
- Liaison with branches and sales over held orders for equipment release.
- To achieve and apply excellent communication skills to ensure cash collection.
- Ensure the continued integration of existing and new procedures within the working practices of the credit control department through personal adoption of those.
What you'll need to succeed
Have a proven track record in Credit Controller and invoice process as well as the following:
- Proven planning, organisational, time management and negotiation skills and the ability to follow tasks through to a successful conclusion.
- Previous experience in a similar role with knowledge of sales ledger is essential.
- Sufficient self-confidence and strength of personality to be able to communicate with and persuade adversaries and supporters alike with the ability to liaise successfully with other departments within the business.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience of SAP would be an advantage.
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work for a global organisation who provides extensive career progression and training. Excellent company benefits as well as on-site parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76777400