Financial Accounting Manager
Robert Half is currently recruiting for a large multi-site business based in North Derbyshire. They are a well-recognised brand with an exceptional reputation.
Reporting into the Head of Finance this is a newly created role that has been created due to organic growth, as well as a new acquisition. You will be tasked with heading up a financial accounting department consisting of qualified accountants and a transactional finance team.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Oversee financial forecasting processes
- Develop the group's financial modelling process and outputs.
- Hiring, training and development of staff
- Oversee preparation of year-end accounts
- Improve internal audit processes, be the key liaison with external auditors
- Production of accurate monthly management accounting reports
- Balance sheet control Ensure compliance with statutory requirements
The right person for this role will be a Qualified Accountant (Industry or Practice) and be looking for a technical role in a large organisation. You will have had experience of managing a team, and enjoy this aspect of your role. The opportunity will challenge someone so will suit someone who isn't looking for an easy Job but a rewarding career.
Some of the key things you will bring to the business are:
- Experience in an accountancy practice
- Up to date knowledge of reporting regulations
- Team management experience
- Good communication skills internally and externally
- Organised, with the ability to work autonomously
- Systems savvy, with advanced excel skills
This role will suit experienced Financial Accountants who are looking to further their career. There is a clear career path to Financial Controller, Head of Finance and Finance Director in place.
The business is a well-known organisation in Derbyshire with turnover in excess of £200m. They have a large finance team and are looking for someone who can fit in to their relaxed but professional culture.
What's on offer?
- Salary of £50,000 - £60,000
- Car Allowance
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Training and Development with a long-term career on offer
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.