Business Development Executive - North West Region (Manchester/Liverpool and surrounding areas)
SAM Learning has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join the team. This enthusiastic, experienced and highly effective individual will operate and manage the North West region.
SAM Learning is the market leading online learning resource for UK Secondary Schools. SAM Learning is independently proven by FFT to raise GCSE grades and is especially effective at closing the gap for disadvantaged students. This supports our company mission to help students achieve academic success and improve their life chances.
Working 75% remotely from home, the successful candidate will be required to perform a variety of business development and sales tasks, in addition to providing the very highest level of customer service to our existing subscribers and will play a key role in SAM Learning achieving/exceeding targets. Primarily this is a sales focused role with significant career opportunities and financial rewards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the North West region ensuring individual goals and targets are consistently achieved
- Consistently developing and executing new strategies to increase conversion levels
- Deliver outstanding customer service to all schools allocated in your assigned region of the Midlands
- Working hand in hand with the schools to increase the usage and utilisation of SAM Learning across the whole school, in particular Targeted Intervention
- Effectively ‘pitch’ Targeted Intervention to all schools allocated in your assigned region
- Effectively ‘pitch’ Differentiation to all schools allocated in your assigned region
- Effectively ‘pitch’ CPD Active Research to all schools allocated in your assigned region
- Responsible for generating own new business leads and upsell opportunities
- Working 75% remotely, travelling to existing schools as well as new school prospects is a significant element of the role (daily basis)
- Maintain accurate sales pipeline, customer database records, using Solve360 and up to date sales forecasts for your allocated region and prospects
Additional Job Functions:
- Develop and maintain a positive business relationship with management, all departments and all external support teams and vendors
- Conduct all/any other additional tasks as requested/required by the business
Required Qualifications & Skill Set:
- Minimum 12 months selling experience preferably into the education sector
- A current, former or supply teacher (or consultant) would be an ideal candidate for this role
- A proven track record of consistently achieving/ exceeding targets
- Minimum of 12 months working directly within the education sector in roles such as a teacher, consultant or closely related role
- Proven ability to upsell, achieving/ exceeding margin targets
- Negotiation and persuasion skills; ability and willingness to travel; self motivated; excellent written and verbal communication skills; organisational skills; ability to analyse and make decisions under challenging conditions; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Mileage & expenses reimbursed monthly. Company laptop and mobile phone issued. Home broadband paid for.
75% working remotely from home but travelling to schools is essential
Full time, permanent position