Teaching Assistant Cambridge
Are you an experienced teaching assistant living in Cambridge?
Are you looking for a new challenge in a well established primary school?
We are now looking for a passionate, creative and positive teaching assistant who is able to think on their feet and support the development of the students. The position is with a year 1 class in a Primary School in Cambridge, starting as soon as possible. It is a temporary role in the first instance with the view to go permanent within a few weeks.
The schools approach to learning is to be creative and bold, with a commitment to excellent values, and empowering their students and staff. You would be joining an innovative and professional learning environment, which supports both staff and students. The school includes diverse learning spaces that enable and promotes variety and flexibility.
- Be organised and pro active.
- Be able to work well within a team.
- Build good relationships with both children and teachers alike.
- Inspire children with enthusiasm and a love of learning.
- Be able to manage behaviour effectively using the school behaviour policy where possible.
- Report on the children's learning and attainment to the class teacher.
- Support the teacher in effectively managing the classroom.
- Be able to follow instructions effectively.
- Think on your feet.
- Help the class teacher to ensure the classroom environment creates a safe and stimulating area.
- Identify children in need of support and make the class teacher aware.
- Be able to take a lead with in small group activities in the classroom.
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated consultant to offer you full ongoing support in your new role
- Regular job reviews to ensure you are completely happy with your new role, team & environment
- Continual Professional Development can be offered on a variety of school related topics
- On-going career support & advice
- Consultative knowledge on the ever changing education sector
If this sounds like something that would be of benefit to you, please feel free to apply by contacting us on or
Randstad Education work with over 150 Primary schools across Cambridge, Suffolk and Norfolk at any time so if this role isn't the right position for you then please contact us to discuss other roles that will be more suitable for you.
We offer a Recommend a Teacher Scheme where we will pay you £300 worth of vouchers for each teacher you recommend once they have worked a short qualifying period.