The FP&A Analyst plays a pivotal role in Group Forecasting, by undertaking complex financial modelling which supports the strategic objectives of the Business.
The successful candidate will be a driven individual with the can-do attitude, have a keen eye for detail, good problem solving skills, and demonstrate an ability to improve or automate data processes. We will give you the support, skills and tools that you need to be successful if you can bring the drive, personality and desire.
This would be an ideal opportunity for someone who has strong data analytics/modelling experience, who is looking to develop their career within Financial Planning and Analysis.
• Planning and forecasting: support the annual forecasting processes and co-ordination of the Group business 5 year plan. Drive development and deployment of the plan/forecast model, undertake plan/forecast reconciliations, and ensure compliance with audit standards.
• Continuous improvement: contribute to the continued development of Budgeting and Financial Forecasting, with specific focus on identifying opportunities to improve/automate reports and processes to drive efficiencies.
• High quality analysis: Highlighting the risks and opportunities in the strategic plans by creating insightful analysis for stakeholders.
• Apply Best Practice: investigate and apply best practice in business planning, forecasting and performance reporting
• Ad hoc Analyses: assisting the FP&A Manager with ad hoc analyses and one-off projects when required.
Skills and Expertise:
• Trainee ACCA/CIMA or similar numerate training / background Educated to a degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
• Experience of creating models and reports using tabular and dimensional (e.g. OLAP Cube) data sources.
• Highly articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High standards of accuracy and precision
• Able to operate in quickly changing environments whilst being well organized, pro-active and deadline driven
• Possess strong analytical reasoning skills to think through problems thoroughly and generate solutions.
• Ability to understand and implement appropriate financial risk and controls processes within the FP&A environment.
• Knowledge of Power Pivot / Power BI
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including VBA
• Experience of liquidity capital management is advantageous, although not essential.
• Familiar with SQL
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West’s most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, child care vouchers, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76773285