We are offering an exciting opportunity for a part-time Risk Manager to join our growing company with ambitious plans.
The Exeter is based in a convenient location on the eastern side of Exeter, Devon and has been providing award-winning health and income protection insurances for over 100 years.
We pride ourselves on making insurance simple and transparent. Combining excellent insurance products with an independently assessed 5-Star service at every touch point, always aiming to ensure we deliver on the promises we make with award winning results. Ensuring we value every member of our team seeking to maximise the potential that everyone brings with them.
About the Role
You will assist the Chief Actuary & Chief Risk Officer in managing the risk to the company, our employees, customers, reputation, assets and interests of stakeholders.
This will include:
- Supporting the Chief Actuary & Chief Risk Officer with planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the company
- Analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the company
- Working closely with stakeholders you will ensure the risk register remains up to date, including looking at any emerging risks
- Reporting on risks in an appropriate way for different audiences within the company.This will include providing advice, guidance and recommendations to colleagues, and drafting quarterly risk reports
We are looking for someone who has previous experience of working in a risk function or similar, ideally within the financial services background.
Familiarity with risk concepts and risk reports is essential.
You will have strong IT skills including MSOffice, and have experience of using risk management IT systems.
You will need to think logically, apply your judgement and be prepared to challenge and influence others.
The Hours and Rewards
- 14 hours per week
- Starting salary of £16,000 (FTE £40,000)
- Annual Company bonus scheme (Manager Grade)
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays per annum (pro-rated for part-time)
- Company Pension Scheme (employer contributions between 8% - 15%)
- Free Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection Insurance & Death in Service cover
- Salary sacrifice schemes – Cycle to Work, Payroll Giving & Childcare Vouchers
- Access to the Perkbox employee reward scheme
- On-site cycle racks and changing rooms
If you think you’ve got what it takes and would like to apply or to learn more about The Exeter and our values visit:
You can also follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76768099