DevOps Engineer - (AWS) Cloud
One of the UK's most innovative technical businesses are looking for Cloud Infrastructure Engineers / DevOps Engineers to join their incredible new Belfast based office. As they look to build their world class software development centre, this is a unique opportunity to be the onsite AWS DevOps specialist within an exciting and innovative chapter in the company's histroy.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for a mix of development and operational related activities needed to support Rewards services and its digital initiatives. Develop, automate, maintain, extend software components to ensure performance, quality and facilitate rapid, reliable deployment of new features for a wide range of Reward platforms, using Agile processes.
- Responsible for a mix of development and operational related activities needed to support Reward services and its digital initiatives.
- Develop, maintain, extend software components to ensure quality and facilitate rapid, reliable deployment of new features for a wide range of Reward Platforms, using Agile processes.
- Determine test effort and resources needed for performance and/or automation.
- Develop automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to Linux and Windows platforms.
- Design and build Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Selection and Support of configuration management and deployment automation tools
- Automate the creation of development, test, performance, and live environments.
- Improve and maintain the processes of continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
What skills you'll need;
- Considerable experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and some of the associated tech including; EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloudfront, ElastiCache etc.
- Hands on experience migrate services from private data centre into cloud environments.
- Experience with Docker container related technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Experience with software build processes, repository management and branching concepts.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprises.
- Solid understanding of server architectures, operating systems & application resource utilization.
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications.
- Strong Windows or Linux systems administration with scripting skills.
- Configuration management and automation e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Maintenance, monitoring and scaling web based platforms.
- Evidence of keeping up to date with the latest industry trends, emerging tech and being pro-active in learning new skills, particularly with reference to security, containerisation, serverless, microservices and CI.
What you'll get in return for your talents
An incredible opportunity to work for an incredible company changing the face of technology and adding something extra to Belfast tech market, offering a competitive salary (Up to £50K) long term progression, Rewards, training and development, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect very generous holidays, bonus, private health option, pension, cool modern offices, R&D time and more.
Interested in this or something similar - Give Ewan Lockhart a confidential call or send in your CV now for immediate consideration
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76763800