Statutory Reporting Senior Manager ( 12 Month Contract )
A 12 month Fixed term contract working for a high profile wholesale bank
Preparation accurate the Annual, Half-Yearly, and internal Quarterly Statutory Reports for multiple entities.
The bank provides a full range of personal, business and corporate accounts, including current accounts, mortgages, credit products and savings and investments. They operate online banking services, including mobile apps, and operate an internet-only banking division
It also has a highly profitable Global Capital Markets Business.
Reporting to the Head of Statutory Reporting, the role is primarily responsible for:
- Leading the production of the following elementd: Annual Reports and Half Yearly Financial Reports for UK filing purposes:
- Designing, planning, populating, and reviewing the Risk review, working with the Risk Division and Investor Relations to ensure that all the data complies with applicable disclosure requirements, including IFRS 7 and IAS 1, and the recommendations of the Enhanced Disclosures Task Force on Risk disclosures by banks (EDTF)
- Leading the production of the Annual Reports on Form 20-F and Half Yearly Financial Reports on Form 6-K for US filing purposes.
- Co-ordinating the production and leading the Finance review of the accounting management judgement papers, including preparing a summary for the Disclosure Committee and Board Audit Committee.
- Leading the Finance Division support for debt issuances, including reviews of draft prospectuses, and negotiation of engagement, management representation and comfort letters.
- Reviewing the Quarterly Management Statements produced and published by Investor Relations.
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders to understand their requirements and develop and improve their input into the Annual and Half Yearly financial reporting processes, including:
- senior management, Directors and Executive Committee members
- Head office
- other Finance teams
- other internal departments (e.g. the Risk Division, Investor Relations, Legal and Secretariat),
- external stakeholders (e.g. auditors and legal counsel).
- Identifying and implementing improvements, efficiencies and innovations to the statutory reporting process.
- Ensuring operation of internal controls over the production of the above financial information, including for Sarbanes-Oxley purposes.
- Managing the team members directly reporting to this role, including contractors, to ensure that they perform and provide a consistent service.
The role has secondary responsibility to support the work of the Statutory Reporting Senior Manager (Risk and Debt issuance) in order to maximise resources within the Statutory Reporting Team.
- Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA equivalent
Strong UK financial accounting and IFRS accounting experience, including practical exposure to IFRS in terms of preparing complex statutory accounts
- Strong writing skills, suitable for inclusion in a published Annual Report.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with other teams
- Self-starter, with the ability to organise and manage team's work to strict deadlines
- Attention to detail and persistence
- Flexibility in approach and working hours
- Experience of the UK public company reporting environment
- Competitive Basic salary
- Car allowance
- 30 days annual leave
- Centrally located offices
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76773616