Junior Manager / Senior Accountant
Junior Manager / Senior Accountant - Northampton
Our client is a progressive and friendly chartered accountancy practice with an excellent local reputation for providing a high quality personal service and sound commercial advice to SMEs. We are recruiting for an ambitious commercially minded ACA / ACCA to join this fast growing and equally ambitious independent firm offering Partnership prospects.
Due to current and future growth plans they are looking for an ambitious qualified Accountant with the experience and ability to manage the day to day requirements of a portfolio of clients.
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio for the organisation of work, overseeing all the compliance work, supervising junior staff, reviewing their work and handling client meetings.
The role will include a responsibility for the training of staff which is a fundamental aspect to the firm's business development. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of the work the firm provides for their clients, for example they don’t have a separate tax department, and training will be provided as appropriate.
Duties & Responsibilites:
- Responsible for all compliance aspects for own portfolio of clients
- Responsible for managing workflow
- Managing the day to day client relationships
- Handling day to day queries efficiently
- Responsible for training of junior staff, including appraisal of work
- Managing clients on a commercially successful basis
- Responsible for the efficient functioning of compliance work in general
- Developing abilities in more complex areas of tax & other client matters
- Responsibility for the achievement of work within budget, able to discuss fees with clients
- Able to communicate effectively with Partners & juniors as appropriate
- Able to problem solve and find quick solutions to problems
- Managing own / junior staff workflow & client work
- Achievement of chargeability and recoverability targets
- Achieve a level of technical knowledge commensurate with the position
- Demonstrate good commercial skills in negotiating fees with clients and in decision making on jobs
- Working with other seniors as a team to improve the practice generally
- Taking responsibility for the ongoing management of clients, workflow, supervision, training, the compliance function
- Qualified ACA or ACCA with at least 5 years PQE
- Experience as a manager in a firm of accountants looking after a portfolio of clients
- Experience of building new and existing client relationships
The Partners pride themselves on providing a highly efficient and commercial service to clients, being pro-active and always looking for ways to help clients. You will play a leading role in the provision of that level of service and be encouraged to progress your career.
The successful applicant will have a positive attitude and a friendly, approachable manner. You will have good organisational skills, an ability to learn quickly and work well in a team.
What is on offer for the right person is the opportunity to work in a great environment with fun, hard working people who share the desire to contribute in taking the business forward. The Partners are ambitious and the firm is experiencing considerable growth, with no shortage of opportunities and they want to build the business by recruiting high quality individuals.
Salary will depend on experience and ability but expected to be c£38K - £45K.