Plant Accountant / Assistant FC
12 - 18 Month Contract (Plant Accountant - Assistant Financial Controller)
Support FC in accounting, analysis, reporting and control; taking full responsibility of key areas. Deputise for FC in his absence.
- Manage the month-end process including postings to SAP, ensuring that all data is input in accordance with the month-end timetable and in adherence to Group Financial policies.
- Take the lead in managing site maintenance and projects spend; liaise with Engineering Manager and take a proactive approach to understanding and managing costs
- Calculate product costings for stock valuation and margin optimisation
- Responsibility for product Sales UK reporting and analysis, including cross-business area transfers for sales and working capital.
- Operational reporting: ensure operations, management and Division information requirements are met with regard to production performance, downtime reporting and product costs.
- Key user for SAP and SAP BI
- Review balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis; resolve any issues that arise.
- Capital Expenditure: monitor and report on capital expenditure, ensuring Group policies adhered to. Maintain Fixed Assets register and perform regular physical checks.
- Calculate monthly energy accrual, cross check invoice and obtain authorisation to ensure posted and paid in time to comply with Energy Supply Agreement
- Variance analysis: ensure variances are investigated completely and costs are charged to the correct area. Enforce and maintain budgetary controls.
- Cost control: assist with cost take out reporting, identification of potential cost take out projects and implementation of cost take out initiatives.
- Budget and Forecasts: contribute to the annual budget, and monthly forecasting processes, providing information and managing input from other departments as required.
- Ensure that key controls are enforced for FMP/Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Liaise with Departmental Heads to answer financial queries and provide cost control guidance particularly with reference to cost reduction and benchmarking exercises.
- Complete annual tax pack and respond to queries thereon.
- Government returns including EC Sales Listing and Intrastat
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Financial Controller.
- Advanced Excel
- SAP (not Essential)
- PQ CIMA or QBE
A competitive salary and benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76780008