Software Development Apprentice Level 4
The average wage for a Software Developer in the UK is £30,000 a year.
Why not start your career now!!
Baltic Training and Bradford College are excited to be recruiting for a Level 4 Software Developer Apprentice to join their team based in Bradford.
Bradford College have delivered quality further and higher education and training for more than 180 years and are one of the biggest further education colleges in the country.
They boast fantastic facilities, industry-experienced staff and a vast range of career-focussed courses designed to provide their students with a set of skills, understandings and personal attributes to be successful in their chosen career.
Due to the continuous success they are looking for a like-minded and dedicated developer to bring some fresh new ideas to the team!
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Not only do our apprentices learn faster and earn money at the same time, they gain invaluable workplace experience.
When it comes to apprenticeships, research shows that apprentices can earn up to £4,000 more per year than their peers. Alongside this, all apprentices are entitled to other benefits such as pension and national insurance contributions, and also paid holiday entitlement. If you are ready to earn more, you are ready to start an apprenticeship with Baltic Training
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties
- Document and train colleagues in aspects of MI / BI solutions
- Identify opportunities to further refine and develop MI / BI solutions
- Assist in the design and running of ad-hoc solutions to meet business needs
- Assist with various tasks including but not limited to data migration tasks, data extraction and data cleansing
- Provide guidance to users on their operation of/selection from report templates where available.
- Help with the engagement between the College and System Providers – to ascertain support expectations and best practice
- Build up personal knowledge in all technologies identified and others as required
- Build and rework existing solutions – using recognised technologies
- Respond to queries, investigate problems and advise users on solutions and best practice
Training to be provided:
- Level 4 Software Developer
- Systems Development and Object Programming
- Database Design and Project Management
- HTML5 Application Development MTA
- External Assessments
- Experience with HTML, JAVA and CSS would be beneficial
- Experience with MS Excel, MS Access, VBA or SQL would be beneficial
- Ability and willingness to learn new coding languages and technologies
- Ability to work independently and capable of taking responsibility
- Ability to communicate effectively
- 5 GCSE's A-C grades, including Math's and English.
- Level 3 in Software Development or equivalent
The future is bright
Upon completion of the 12 month programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £150.00 per week
- Full time (37 hours per week)
Location and travel
This role is located in central Bradford, It’s easy accessible via all major transport links.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that’s exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76749968