Senior Communications Officer
a 10 week contract working for a high profile government organisation based in London as a Senior Communications Officer.
A high profile government organisation.
- Provide professional expertise to develop and deliver the Restoration and Renewal communications strategy, which aims to raise awareness and understanding of the Programme.
- Develop and deliver co-ordinated communications plans that take account of reputational risk, financial resources and impact on key stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with internal communications team to develop and deliver an integrated communications strategy for the Programme.
- Take part in the Programme team's out-of-hours media service including anticipating potential reputational risk and taking appropriate steps to mitigate that risk where necessary.
- Work with colleagues in the Media and Communications Press and Media Office in developing and agreeing lines to take and delivering an integrated external communications strategy.
- Representing the Programme at meetings with senior managers and where appropriate, deputise for the Programme Communications Manager.
- Act as a Programme media spokesperson for reactive enquiries, and respond to breaking news stories to minimise any risk to the organisations reputation.
- To ensure that accurate, timely, impartial and reliable information is provided to the media and internal stakeholders as appropriate.
- Responsibility for the Programme's digital content.
- To help deliver a social media strategy for the Programme.
- Experience of working across a range of communications disciplines, including developing and delivering communications strategies and plans, working in a communications team in a high-pressure, complex environment, as a media spokesperson dealing with politically sensitive issues, advising very senior staff on media handling and/or crisis management.
- Demonstrable, recent experience of writing and developing content and initiatives for digital channels, including social media.
- Ability to tailor communications to address particular challenges and sensitivities in a high profile context.
- A track record of proactive and reactive media planning and delivery, working with national, regional and trade media and dealing with complex issues for a high profile, national organisation (if leading on media relations).
£300 - £350 per day fr a 10 week contract.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76747222