Youth work - Teaching Assistant
Are you passionate about making a difference to young people’s educational experience? Do you have previous experience working with youths aged 11-18?
A large, mixed secondary school with sixth form located in Rochdale is currently seeking a Youth Work based teaching assistant to join their support department from October half term.
- Full time and Part time opportunities available
- Earn up to £300 a week dependant on your previous experience
- Large and modern secondary school with excellent provisions
- Join a supportive department with an experienced SENCO
Due to a restructure within the support department, the school are looking to appoint both a full time and part time Youth Work specialist who have previous experience working with youths with challenging behaviour and vulnerable backgrounds.
As a Youth Worker your responsibilities will include:
* Working with student on a 1:1 basis and in small groups to record their progress, attendance and learning activities
* Supporting the classroom teacher with day to day activities
* Reinforcing behaviour management strategies
* Build positive relationships with the student to promote their wellbeing
Our client secondary school is situated by the M62, with excellent access to both Leeds and Manchester, and boasts several public transport routes nearby. The school aims to provide the best in pastoral and educational support for their students and Ofsted commented on the high quality of teaching which is raising attainment and the aspirations of the students.
The Inclusion Manager is looking to meet with Youth Work teaching assistants at the earliest convenience, to be taken into consideration for the above post please apply via the details below.