Robert Half are working with a global, leading software solutions business based in the heart of the East Midlands, near Castle Donington, to recruit a UK Finance Manager. As Finance Manager you will be reporting directly into the CFO and the role will encompass all the accounting requirements for four subsidiaries of this growing, acquisitive group.
Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsibility for all balance sheet reconciliations and balances
- Responsible for the accuracy of all financial data
- Lead on VAT returns and take into consideration international/European complexities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Compiling and maintaining the monthly financial consolidation and ensuring adherence to relevant accounting standards.
- To assist with the annual external audit and support the ongoing internal audit processes.
- Proactively contribute to maintaining and improving a strong internal control environment, identifying and proposing potential solutions.
- Assist with the month end close process.
- Respond to all queries in a positive and timely manner whilst adhering to the escalation policy at all times.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and highly competent accountant with a broad range of financial and administrative skills. Experience of working with NetSuite and/or US GAAP experience would also be a major advantage.
The role would suit a self-motivated person with good accounting skills and a strong work ethic. The successful candidate will be working in a small team so needs to be able to use their initiative and work towards the successful completion of agreed objectives with limited day to day supervision.
You will need the following:
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office programmes
- Preparation of statutory accounts under varying accounting standards
- Good knowledge of internal controls
Our client is a global provider of software solutions that provide a complete package for their clients. Since its formation in the UK it has expanded rapidly and now employs some 100 people around the world. With 15% year on year growth and plans for future organic and acquisitive expansion it's an exciting prospect.
Salary & Benefits
- £30000 - £40000
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- On-site free parking
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76774577