Teacher - SEMH / SEBD
This specialist setting caters for young people aged 11-16 who have been permanently excluded from mainstream school. Pupils have social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and some also have complex mental health issues. Every class has TA support and staff ratios are high to ensure each student can be supported effectively in line with his or her individual needs.
This school offers academic and vocational avenues to their students with the aim of integration, and as such, an experienced teacher who has worked in a similar setting would be extremely useful. As part of this role you would also be expected to liaise closely with parents and guardians.
We are looking for a teacher with a passion for education and a genuine desire to support young people to achieve their potential
* The school are looking for a creative teacher who is able to pan for individual neds
* Diversion and de-escalation training is preferable but not essential as Team Teach courses can be provided
* Experience of working with challenging behaviour in a care or education setting is essential
Why should you apply?
For the ideal candidate, the school can offer:
* Smaller class sizes (5-8 pupils)
* Work with pupils who need the most support and guidance.
* Excellent SLT who can support and develop your career in an SEMH setting
For more information, or to apply for this role, please send your CV in the first instance or call Karen