WINDMILL ACADEMY - KS1 INTERVENTION TEACHER
Full time KS1 Intervention Teacher required for Windmill Academy
Closing date: 16th October @ 12pm
Contract: Full time, fixed term contract
NQTs Consider: NO
Start Date: ASAP
Windmill L.E.A.D Academy is a vibrant inner city school that was graded 'Good' in its most recent Ofsted inspection. There has been a recent senior leadership changes and the school is embarking on a new era with great positivity and the determination to provide outstanding teaching and learning outcomes to all pupils.
Alongside the exciting teaching and learning improvement journey, the school is also undergoing a huge refurbishment plan. This will see a complete remodelling of the front of the school and superb modern interior with state of the art classrooms and facilities. Furthermore, the school also benefits from its close proximity to the Nottingham city centre with very good public transport links.
The School is part of the L.E.A.D Academy Trust and benefits from being part of a forward thinking and inclusive group of Trust, whereby opportunities are available to children that support raising attainment and aspirations. Teacher's throughout the Trust work in partnership, sharing best practice and ideas and Windmill L.E.A.D Academy has particularly strong working links with Huntingdon Academy in St. Ann's.
We are looking for a full time dedicated Key Stage 1 Intervention Teacher who will work with Year 2 children to support raising attainment in key subject areas. You will be supporting the Class Teacher to identify and implement key strategies to support learning in core subjects and ensure children are successful within the classroom environment. The role will involve working with small groups of children and also on a one to one basis. There will also be some PPA cover.
You must be an excellent classroom practitioner who has a proven track record of delivering pupil progress. The role is to commence as soon as possible for the duration of the academic year 2017/18.
We are looking for someone who:
· has high expectations of pupil progress;
· ability to create and implement learning strategies which achieve learning objectives;
· is able to demonstrate timely impact and success of pupil progress within core subjects;
· has the skills to work collaboratively with the teaching team;
· can build positive relationships with pupils, staff and parents;
· is willing to embrace or bring new ideas to the Academy;
· a commitment to developing their own skills;
· has relevant qualifications including QTS.
In return, the successful candidate will:
· be joining a strong and dynamic team of professionals;
· work in a school with high aspirations for all of its pupils and staff;
· have access to the L.E.A.D. Urban Teaching School Alliance's professional development programme;
· be provided with excellent career opportunities.
Please note strong applications will be considered upon receipt.
Please contact Philippa Smith on Tel: 0115 9242562 to request an application pack or to arrange a school visit.
Windmill L.E.A.D Academy is part of L.E.A.D. Academy Trust which is a registered charity created in 2011. The Trust aims, through outstanding leadership, to provide the highest quality education to enable every pupil to realise their full potential. Further information about the Trust can be found here http://www.leadacademytrust.co.uk/about-us
This is a superb opportunity to develop and progress professionally and to impact upon children's learning. The L.E.A.D. Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76763860