Highways Maintenance Trainer/Assessor
We are looking for someone with a minimum Level 2 NVQ in Construction Operations and Civil Engineering Services - Highways Maintenance and A1 Assessor Qualification to work for a well known public sector organisation as a Highway Maintenance Trainer/Assessor.
The client is a further education college, with three campuses across south east London.
The key responsibilities for the Highways Maintenance Trainer/Assessor role are:
- To train and assess and support learners working towards their chosen programme, ensuring that they meet the occupational standards needed to achieve full accreditation in a timely manner.
- A challenging role identifying and coordinating learning and assessment needs whilst planning and delivering high-quality training and assessing. The role requires collaborative working with other tutors, vocational trainers/assessors and employers.
- To manage an agreed caseload on a rolling basis across the college year, ensuring timely success rates that exceed national averages in all areas of delivery.
- Provide information and guidance to candidates to ensure they are on the correct program of learning.
- Planning and carrying out effective reviews to identify training needs (where relevant), which identify learner progress and enable effective planning to succeed setting SMART targets
The successful candidate will have at least:
- TAQA, A1 Assessor or D32 / D33 Award (E)
- A relevant professional qualification at Level 3 or 4 (E)
- Level 2 Numeracy and Literacy qualification(E)
- Evidence of continuing professional development (E)
- Relevant subject / industry expertise
- Current industry developments, skills needs and their implications for learning strategies
- Knowledge of the NVQ qualification framework and Code of Practice
Fantastic working hours/days. Best suited for someone looking for 2-3 days of work a week teaching. Great pay rate (Salary Negotiable)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76776095