Reporting into the Finance Manager your main focus will be to ensure the completion of all monthly reconciliations. You'll support with month end reporting, balance sheet reconciliation and external audit.
Our client is a growing and well-known business looking for an ambitious and competent Assistant Accountant to join their existing team in Sutton.
- Process monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts with external parties in a timely manner.
- Calculate quarterly intercompany billing for royalty/license fees and monthly intercompany accruals.
- Complete national statistics returns.
- Assist in the preparation of statutory accounts and tax packs.
- Complete budget and forecast templates.
- Process general ledger accounting journals in SAP including prepayments and accruals.
- Process journals and reporting on derivative financial instruments using Group treasury system
- Understanding of accounting treatments for derivatives is an advance.
- Ensure internal and external customer queries are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
You will already be a part qualified Accountant studying towards ACCA/CIMA, working in a similar role. You'll have strong Excel skills and have experience of using SAP. You will also have:
- A comprehensive understanding of accounting systems and the interaction of ledgers.
- A confident communicator both verbally and written.
- A flexible/adaptable approach to work.
- A flexibility to match working hours to department demand.
- Available at 1 month notice.
£28,000 - £35,000 + study support
Ideally part-qualified but not essential. Will also look at AAT studiers
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76780913