IT Technician Apprenticeship
Are you interested in establishing a career in the fast paced, ever changing IT industry? If so, the below opportunity might be just what you are looking for!Job SpecificationJob Description
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are offering this exciting opportunity to embark on a career as an IT Technician Apprentice.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through online learning and practical experience. These qualifications are highly respected and sought after and the skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible chance at starting your professional career in the industry.Job Role
The company require a proactive IT Technician with an aptitude for communication and interest in Microsoft infrastructure technologies such as Windows.
Quickly assimilating new technologies, being able to apply what is learnt and showing a genuine enthusiasm for the technology are critical to this position’s success.
This role will initially be involved be involved in the support of the company’s internal systems and those of their customers.
As a Microsoft IT Apprentice you will be required to:
- Learn how to support internal systems, including Active Directory and Exchange.
- Become a valued part of the IT Support team.
- Learn how to provide technical support to marketing channels and activities.
- Assist in customer projects and support activities as skills allow.
- Gain on the job experience and be able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship.
- Help the existing staff, and the other sub-contractors we partner with, to deliver the IT Support services to our clients.
- Learn how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming Helpdesk emails.
- Manage the Helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales.
- Work on resolving the first line support where capable, and work with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues.
- Help clients using (predominantly) Microsoft operating systems and applications, so a good understanding of these would be very useful.
- Update company systems.
About the Company
You will be working in a company that specializes in the provision of ICT and related solutions to schools.Qualifications & Training
Qualifications & Skills Required
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude from someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner.
You will have a friendly and engaging personality, will be focused on delivering exceptional customer service, will be computer literate and have basic programming skills.
You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
An interest in IT is mandatory!
You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.Important Information
Location Calne, SN11
Working Hours 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Wage £150 per week, £7800 per annum
We process all applications received and contact candidates ASAP so please keep an eye out for a phone call from one of our team on an 02392 number. If you miss a call, we will send you an email.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76752082