Part time Financial Controller
Your new company
Friendly well-established growing Bridgend based charity seeking their first talented Part-time Financial Controller to join their Senior Management Team.
Your new role
A broad and varied managerial role:
- Prepare monthly management accounts for the charity and each of its Projects, compare to budget and explain variances
- Oversee the work of the Finance Assistant to ensure the preparation of the month end accounts in a timely manner
- Completing the year end accounts prior to the yearly audit, ensuring all the information gathered and information entered into Sage is in line with the Charity's Financial Policies and Meets Charity Commission Criteria, working with the auditor to ensure all the information required is provided and all queries answered
- Prepare Yearly Budgets for the charity and each Project
- Organise monthly meetings with all Project Co-ordinators to discuss their accounts/, budgets or any other issues that arise
- Completing 6 monthly, annual financial reports or ad hoc information requests for all projects
- Ensure the charity adheres to its Financial Policies at all times
- Following and update the charity's Financial policies and internal controls and Completed ad hoc request as and when required by senior management
- Oversee the work of the Finance Assistant, providing assistant as and when required
- Overall control over the charity's Payroll System and pension system
- Overseeing communication with all stakeholders regarding Financial Queries
- Working as part of the SMT to ensure the effective running of the charity
- Attend all board meetings to provide an update on the management accounts, budgets, variances and all other financial matters that need to be discussed.
- Making the Auditors/ charities Commission and Companies House aware of any changes in Trustees
What you'll need to succeed
An all round finance background preferably with Sage Line 50 Accounts and Sage Payroll experience - open to candidates from both charity and private sector backgrounds. Excellent communication skills as well as high levels of self motivation and initiative, and strong analytical skills and problem solving ability.
What you'll get in return
A challenging and very varied part-time role, 16 hours per week which can be worked very flexibly - in a rewarding and friendly charitable organisation. Free parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76775307