ERP Developer (SQL Server and NET)
We’re looking for an ERP Developer to join our small team to support the on-going development and maintenance of our bespoke ERP system. More than just a programmer, you’ll be someone with excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills capable of understanding business needs and translating these into process and code designed to improve efficiency and save costs.
If you’re comfortable working in a fast-moving environment where motivated people can really make an impact then this role could be for you.
- To support the design, coding, installation and testing of our ERP and related systems
- Review current ERP system, presenting ideas and recommendations for system improvements, including cost proposals
- To assist the ERP team with systems maintenance to ensure the smooth day to day running of our systems
- To work with the ERP system team leader to improve our systems environment
- Provision of technical support to ERP system users
- Communicate with business system users to understand and analyse their requirements
- SQL Server 2014+ (TSQL, Stored Procedures, SSIS etc.)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (desirable)
- VB/C# .NET (desirable)
- MS Visual Studio
- Excellent problem solving ability backed up by a methodical approach to tracing and resolving system issues whether rooted in code or data
- Previous experience of the development and maintenance of ERP systems
- Commercial acumen and an understanding of the dynamics of an online retail business
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Organised and proactive planning skills
- Ideally a certificate in Microsoft technology or equivalent experience
Who are we? Buy It Direct is a dynamic, creative and innovative company. We’re one of the fastest growing and largest independent online retailers, with a turnover of £180 million. We have six well recognised, award winning online brands which is what makes us the success that we are. These include Laptops Direct, Appliances Direct and Furniture123, and to top that off we also run website solutions for Debenhams and Tesco. We continue to grow year on year, so now’s the time to join in!
So what else do you get if you come work with us? The list is endless but here’s to mention just a few:
- A healthcare cash plan is in place to give you money back on all the basic such as opticians, dentist, physio, health screening, and so much more!
- At all our sites we have free parking, which means you have no additional costs or city centre parking concerns.
- We make sure you’ve got your holidays with an incremental entitlement starting at 20 and increasing to 25 the longer than you’re here.
- No-one likes to work on their birthday, so after one years’ service we also make sure you get this day off too so you can go out and celebrate!
- Take advantage of our amazing range of products by utilising our staff cost discount scheme.
- We have childcare vouchers available as well as a company pension scheme, all benefits to help ease your responsibilities.
The salary for the role is £28,000 to £35,000, dependant on experience. Want something different or extra, no problem, just let us know! We want to make sure we build flexibility within your employment and therefore are happy to look at your overall package and can adapt and change it to meet your requirements and needs.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76769777